...Just a Reminder...This story builds FROM THE BOTTOM UP...so if you're joining late, be sure to catch up by reading from the beginning...Thanks.




In case you're interested, we invite you to read Kyle's Story and Dylan's Story


Become a "Follower"

Monday, October 25, 2010

Back to the Hospital (again)

Hi all -

Just a quick post for tonight - all of us are still suffering from some sort of jet lag after 2 days of being home. 

We spent today rushing around a bit trying to get things organized and then we saw Ashley's Doctor at CHOP today and she is being admitted to the hospital (CHOP Main) tomorrow a.m.  She continues to weaken and needs immediate nutrition, so she'll go in to be strengthened, have further tests run and then determine next step actions.  Unfortunately, as Ashley takes in food, her condition worsens so it's a catch-22 that must be monitored very closely.  Hopefully, we can then get on a better road to recovery, as the poor little girl is just feeling horrible and not in good spirits. 

The boys will be with their grandparents in Philadelphia for a few days, while we determine a plan for the next several days, as we speak further with Ashley's doctor and her treatments.

We will keep everyone posted as we know more.

Thank you again for all of the kind emails and posts. We appreciate them.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I wanted to tell you that I have been reading through your blog over the past few days. I am so sorry to read about Ashley's health struggle and your exhausting last days in China, at the hospital, and traveling home. You have such a beautiful new daughter. I will be praying that she will recover quickly and regain her strength as soon as possible. I will be praying for the best care for her here in the states. Blessings. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, Charlie and Big Brothers,
    I have been following your blog. Ashley is beautiful. I, too, have been praying for her as well as all of you. I was so relieved when I read you were back in the states. I knew one of my prayers had been answered. You and Charlie are very special parents. Love, Marcia Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley and all of you will be in my thoughts these next days. I hope Ashley is soon feeling stronger and home with her family. Wishing there was something more I could offer than my support and caring.
    Wendy Cater

    ReplyDelete